activemq-users mailing list archives

From Bernhard2 <Bernhard.Wellhoe...@gaia-group.com>
Subject ActiveMQ/Lingo performance
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2006 14:37:47 GMT

Hello,

I currently play aorund with RMI and Lingo as Spring remote implementation.

I now need help with ActiveMQ and Lingo. When the Lingo consumer, the Lingo
producer and ActiveMQ all run on the same machine, I get a throughput of
~200 remote requests per second. As soon as the Lingo client runs on a
second machine (which is connected to the first machine via 100Mbit) the
throughput goes down to ~4 remote requests per second.

Who can help me here to increase the performance? Where are possible
performance bottle necks? Is JCA for the server side an option (I just have
ActiveMQ and no real J2EE application server)?

I built a sample Eclipse project to reproduce the setup. Moreover an ant
build file can be used to execute the client and server. Just update the
ActiveMQ broker URL in spring-config-jms-shared.xml, start ActiveMQ and then
run “ant runLockiRemoteLingoServer” on the server machine and “ant
runLockiRemoteLingoClient” on the client machine.

Just send me an offline email and I will send you the project.

Regards,

Bernhard