activemq-users mailing list archives

From christophe blin <cb...@tennaxia.com>
Subject JMS messages send to a topic are not persisted
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2006 10:18:18 GMT

Hi,

With the following application context, I setup a topic and attach it a
producer (or correct me if I am wrong) :

[code]
  <bean id="ds"
class="org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DriverManagerDataSource">
    <!-- skip for clarity -->
  </bean>

  <!-- configure a pure JDBC broker (i.e no journal on file system) -->
  <bean id="broker" class="org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerService">
    <property name="persistenceAdapter">
      <bean class="org.apache.activemq.store.jdbc.JDBCPersistenceAdapter">
        <property name="dataSource" ref="ds" />
      </bean>
    </property>
  </bean>

  <bean id="jmsFactory"
    class="org.springframework.jms.connection.SingleConnectionFactory">
    <property name="targetConnectionFactory">
        <property name="brokerURL">
          <value>vm://localhost</value>
        </property>
      </bean>
    </property>
    <property name="clientId" value="t3" />
  </bean>

  <bean id="destination" class="org.apache.activemq.command.ActiveMQTopic">
    <constructor-arg value="tennaxiaTopic" />
  </bean>

  <bean id="jmsTemplate" class="org.springframework.jms.core.JmsTemplate">
    <property name="connectionFactory">
      <ref local="jmsFactory" />
    </property>
    <property name="defaultDestination" ref="destination" />
    <property name="pubSubDomain" value="true" />
    <property name="deliveryPersistent" value="true" />
  </bean>

  <bean id="messagingInterceptor"
    class="com.tennaxia.t3.common.utils.messaging.MessagingInterceptor">
    <property name="jmsTemplate">
      <ref local="jmsTemplate" />
    </property>
  </bean>
[/code]

The problem is that I never have any INSERT sql request that it is send to
my datasource !
(note : I use a mysql datasource and the mysql server has log turn on so I
can see for example the cleaning DELETE sql request)

My question is : why the messages are not persisted (i.e why the sending of
a message is not followed by a INSERT sql request) ?

Hope that someone has already solves a similar problem.

Regards,
chris