activemq-users mailing list archives

From robertchatley <>
Subject Virtual Destinations
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2006 16:01:32 GMT

I'm trying out ActiveMQ, and have been trying to use virtual destinations to
publish on a topic but subscribe on a queue. So far my consumers never
receive any messages. I think I must have done something wrong in creating
the destinations (I am trying to use the out-of-the-box configuration).

For my producer I did:

MessageProducer producer = session.createProducer(new

For my consumer I did:

MessageConsumer consumer = session.createConsumer(new

The documentation on
is a little inconsistent about what the names of the topics should be.

I am using the distribution from, running on JDK_1_5_0_06
on Windows.