activemq-users mailing list archives

From Phaiboon <phaibo...@gmail.com>
Subject Messages not dispatch to the resource adapter when the broker restarts
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2006 09:34:56 GMT

Hi,
I have another ActiveMQ scenario which needs advice.
I have setup ActiveMQ 4.0.2 as resource adapter in Websphere Application
Server 6.0. We have installed the rar file and configure the MDB for the
adapter. Everything works fine so far. We have managed to put message to the
ActiveMQ queue, which then activates the MDB in WAS.

However, if we restart the broker, the messages put into the queue afterward
(i.e. after the broker is restarted - but WAS is still running) are no
longer dispatched to the MDB. We looked at the WAS log and look like to the
resource adapter has successfully reconnected to the broker, but the
messages are just not dispatched to the MDB. We need to restart the MDB
(i.e. restart the EAR which contains the MDB) to get the messages in the
broker delivered to the MDB.

In a similar but different scenario, if we starts the WAS first, and start
AMQ broker later, we can manage to put the messages and get them delivered
to the MDB.

Appreciate any advice or suggestion.
Thanks a lot.