activemq-users mailing list archives

From me9999...@wwcw.org>
Subject ActiveMQ Message Group Problems -- Exclusive Consumer Works Fine
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2006 13:22:12 GMT

I'm having a little trouble implementing a message group test.  Say I have
two consumers running in separate
processes, one listens to a message group and the other listens to the
queue.  If the consumer listening to the queue starts up first, followed by
the consumer listening to the message group, the consumer listening to the
queue always gets all the messages, even though the messages are sent to the
message group.  Note
that I do not start sending messages until both consumers are connected.
Also note, this problem only occurs when the consumers are running in
separate processes.  If both consumers are running in the same process, the
consumer that listens to the message group always gets the messages, even if
it connects last.

Any ideas?

By the way, I performed these same tests using an exclusive consumer instead
of a message group and it works fine.