activemq-users mailing list archives

From sileshi <sileshika...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Alternatives to stomp
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2006 03:29:42 GMT

The two weeks I have been working on Stomp, I have found it simple and
powerful messaging protocol.
It is an http of the messaging domain. After saying that, I'm a bit
disappointed by ActiveMQ stomp
server implementation, but like Hiram said that could be fixed.

For those who use Stomp on Perl, I highly recommend the Net::Stomp 0.31 perl
module from CPAN.
I have the same issues regarding JMX info about Enqueued and Dequeued
message being incorrect
and sometimes confusing. But the biggest problem I have with it is that when
I mix Java and Perl producers/consumers, it seems no message is being passed
from Java client to Perl or the other way.
If I use producer/consumer Perl-to-Perl or Java-to-Java,  no problem, but if
I mix, no message gets delivered.

Unless I miss something, the default server and stomp server are separate
domains and message arrived
to a topic on default server, can not be delivered to subscribers of stomp
side of the same topic.

I have filed bug report: AMQ-978 to address the issue. ActiveMQ is a great
messaging middleware, and
should address this concerns when it touches the core of its functionality.
A message from any source,
using any protocol, transport, or language should be delivered to all
listeners of that message topic or
queue.

I may be mistaken, but it seems that ActiveMQ default connector and stomp
connector have their
own destination space. My understanding was message sent a
destination(queue, topic) will be
delivered to consumers of thsoe destination(queue, topic), irrespective of
how they connected
to activemq or which server(default, stomp) they connected to.

May be someone in the deveolpment team could tell us some of the design
points regarding these
issues. Well, it is late at night...I will stop now.