activemq-users mailing list archives

From Rob Lugt <robert.l...@cheynecapital.com>
Subject Re: How to enable logging on the broker
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2006 14:17:12 GMT

Rob Lugt wrote:

> Can anyone provide a simple set of instructions to enable logging on the
> broker.  Ideally I'd like to see the transport packets logged.
>
> I found this article:
> http://www.activemq.org/site/logging-interceptor.html, but this does not
> work for 4.0.2 (I get an error message saying that loggingBrokerPlugin is
> not found.
>
> Thanks in advance
> ~Rob

Managed to answer my own question...

I don't think the loggingBrokerPlugin is required.  If you edit
conf\log4j.properties and comment/comment-out the lines indicated, then
logging magically works.

Note though that this dod work for me initially because I had to change the
destination of the log file. It seems the ${activemq.home} variable is not
interpreted correctly - but this probably something to do with the fact that
I'm running under windows.

Regards
Rob Lugt