activemq-users mailing list archives

From fred <f...@netratings.com>
Subject Re: processed message from a dead consumer are reassigned
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2006 20:40:20 GMT

Hi,

I find to use mode Session.CLIENT_ACKNOWLEDGE in session creation, and call
message.acknowledge() explicitly in consumer's onMessage. In this way,
messages processed by intentionally killed consumer will not be reassigned
to other alive consumers.

I am wondering why Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE mode is not able to notify Queue
automatically for each processed message. Mabye there is time lapse for this
purpose?