activemq-users mailing list archives

From yaussy <yau...@cboe.com>
Subject Re: surprising performance tuning result with activemq 4.0.1
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2006 20:18:40 GMT

Just to add - I switched from using the default (journal+derbydb) to Kaha.
Wow - what a difference.  The derbydb, once the checkpointing starts, very
much gets in the way.  I think we probably have fairly slow disks in the dev
env we were testing on, but nevertheless, switching to Kaha was
night-and-day.  On a fairly slow machine, 8 cpu's at 1.349ghz, we could get
a little over 1000/sec (not sure of message size off the top of my head, but
not big/not little - maybe 1k?) between one producer and one consumer.