activemq-users mailing list archives

From Rob Lugt <>
Subject Re: Using ActiveMQ from .NET compact framework
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2006 09:07:47 GMT

>There is also problem with LoggingTransport - it uses
>System.Diagnostics.Trace.WriteLine method which is also not supported in
>compact framework. I think it could be replaced with log4net.

I'm surprised System.Diagnostics.Trace is not supported in the compact
framework.  I don't use the CF, but this document from MS indicates it is

I think Log4net is a great tool, but in a conversation I had with James S he
stated a desire to minimise the dependencies on other libraries - which I
agree with.  If Trace is supported, then it probably won't be hard to
register a Listener which simply passes the trace events on to a Log4Net log
- but this will be under the control of the application rather than the
activemq-dotnet library.

~Rob Lugt