activemq-users mailing list archives

From Jim C <jcr...@eautoclaims.com>
Subject Newbie question
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2006 21:16:34 GMT

Good afternoon,

I am relatively new to the whole activeMQ / JMS business, and I was hoping
you might help me get my bearings.  I need to develop a system that will
allow our ColdFusion application to handle messages sent from an IBM
Websphere MQ series server.

Points of confusion:

Is IBM's flavor of MQ a separate standard that is different from JMS?
If so, can activeMQ "speak" this flavor of MQ?
I understand that activeMQ can act as a JMS message broker.  If my
ColdFusion application can speak JMS will activeMQ translate messages from
the flavor of MQ that IBM Websphere speaks to JMS?

Any clarification is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for the help,

-- Jim C.