activemq-users mailing list archives

From fred <f...@netratings.com>
Subject processed message from a dead consumer are reassigned
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2006 17:28:41 GMT

I am newer for ActiveMQ.

Over here, I have a question on why processed messages by a dead consumer(I
intentionally killed it after it processed messages) are reassigned to other
alive consumers and these messages are reprocessed.

I just use the exmple producer and consumer going along with the download
package. Register 3 conumers and 1 producer to the queue, and set
Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE when creating sessions

Session session = connection.createSession(false,Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);

After consumer1 received and processed 9 messages, I killed it. However, I
found these 9 messages will be reassigned to alive consumer2 and consumer3.
This is redoing the process on these 9 messages.

Anyone have ideas on how to avoid these processed messages get reassigned to
other consumers?

Thanks in advance

Fred