activemq-users mailing list archives

From javaxmlsoapdev <vika...@yahoo.com>
Subject Message group bottleneck?
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2006 19:28:55 GMT

I am developing a trading application where we are using message groups.
Stock symbols, Ids are used as JMSXGroupID. Very similar to this sample
link's example. http://www.activemq.org/site/message-groups.html

I am using Jencks pooling for resource pooling etc.

Now my question is; with the usage of JMSXGroupID property, will activemq
create and assign IBM, MSFT,SUNW and other stocks, each to unique queue
instance? And then on forward request of these symbols to that particular
instance of the queue only?

In terms of load balancing. let's say IBM is generally busy stock and I want
to have multiple consumers taking care of this. With the use of message
group, can this be possible or I can only have one consumer per symbol(in
that case message group can be a bottleneck)? please advise.

Thanks,