activemq-users mailing list archives

From nlif <naa...@dbnet.co.il>
Subject XBean and Spring 2.0
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2006 09:59:18 GMT

What is the difference (or relationship) between the ActiveMQ XBean syntax
and Spring 2.0 syntax? Are they alternatives to each other? Are they
complementing? Do I need to use both or choose between them? I realize the
good people of ActiveMQ are simply trying to provide us with a variety of
options, but I'm afraid you lost me there :-)

We're now migrating to Spring 2.0, so if we can use just that, without any
dependency on XBean, then that would be just fine. Furthermore, it's really
convenient to have auto-complete in the XML editor, which I'm not sure is
possible with the XBean  syntax. Or maybe I'm wrong on that as well... :-(

Can anyone please shed some light?

Thanks.

ps - all the sample XMLs that I could find (e.g. in the AcrtiveMQ tests)
seem to be snippets, that is, they are not complete valid XMLs as is. I
assume this also has to do with how XBean works...