activemq-users mailing list archives

From Shamli <>
Subject Re: negative queue size
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2006 06:23:08 GMT

I am sending 30 messages per second for a duration of 30 minutes. The
scenario is i send a message which goes into the queue and gets processed
and i get my response message. The application context xml is as such :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

	<!-- JMS ConnectionFactory -->

	<bean id="jmsConnectionFactory"
		<property name="connectionFactory">
			<bean class="org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory"

	<bean id="gateInQueue" class="org.apache.activemq.command.ActiveMQQueue">
		<property name="physicalName">

	<bean id="providerInQueue"
		<property name="physicalName">

In JConsole i see that consumer queue that is 'provider in' queue shows
proper dequeue rate but queue size is negative, that is loss of messages.
The dequeue size + negative consumer queue size = total number of messages