activemq-users mailing list archives

From jngadreau <jn-nab...@gadreau.net>
Subject Messages not delivered after restart of Broker
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2006 15:30:20 GMT

Hi. I have the following setup :
- a broker (in a separate process)
- a simple test app that posts messages to a topic (non durable)
- a web application that listens for those messages (using Jencks and a
MessageListener POJO)

If I start the broker, the web app and run the test producer, everything
works fine.

Then, I stop the broker (Ctrl+C) and restart it (simulating a failure or
maintenance). In the Webapp, I can see the exceptions about the connection
lost, and then I can see the reconnection.

Then, I rerun my test producer and in the Webapp, my message listener is not
called.

I tried to investigate and via JMX, I can see that the subscription from the
Webapp shows :
- EnqueueCounter = 10000 (normal)
- PendingQueueSize = 9990
- DispatchedCounter = 10
- DispatchedQueueSize = 10

In the webapp, in ActiveMQSession.run(), it seems that in the "while" loop,
the executor.dequeueNoWait() returns null because the executor is "running =
false".

Is this behavior normal ? Am I missing something ?

Thanks in advance
Best regards
Jean-Noel