activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Bish, Tim" <Tim.B...@Sensis.com>
Subject RE: release for activemq
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2006 04:50:13 GMT

> Nate,
>
> Yes, that's exactly what I'm after. A release date for activemq-cpp.
When
> do
> you think you'll have a better picture for a release date? What's
missing
> get this?

Martin

The main obstacle is of course time.  I will make the release 1.0 of
amqcpp my priority upon returning from ApacheCon.  I would imagine it
should be ready in a couple of weeks.  The remaining issues are really
quality assurance issues, such as testing builds on more platforms, and
general testing of the code with unit and integration tests.  Once we
are satisfied with the state of the code I will package a release
containing the source as a 1.0 version.

Hang in there, we're almost there.

> Thx!
> MG
> --
> Martin Goulet, B.Sc. * Vice-President, Java Architecture, CSA *
SunGard
> martin.goulet@sungard.com * www.sungard.com/csa
>

> nmittler wrote:
> >
> > Please make the distinction between ActiveMQ and the activemq-cpp
> client.
> > ActiveMQ has a long history with several releases:
> > http://www.activemq.org/site/download.html
> >
> > The activemq-cpp client is a separate subproject that is still
somewhat
> in
> > its infancy, but is gaining steam.  We've just had some discussion
on
> > creating a first release, but as of right now we don't have any
dates
> yet
> > ... will post when we have a better picture of when this might
happen.

> > Regards,
> > Nate
> >
> > On 10/10/06, Martin Goulet <Martin.Goulet@sungard.com> wrote:
> >>

> >> Hi Tim,
> >>
> >> I work with Lalit at SunGard and we are using ActiveMQ as part of
our
> >> reference implementation for our company wide software
architecture.
> One
> >> thing that is bugging us quite a bit is the fact that there is no
> release
> >> out for activeMQ. When do you think it would be possible to have
such a
> >> release?
> >>
> >> Thx!
> >>
> >> MG
> >> --
> >> Martin Goulet, B.Sc. * Vice-President, Java Architecture, CSA *
SunGard
> >> martin.goulet@sungard.com * www.sungard.com/csa

> >> anything
> on