activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Bish, Tim" <Tim.B...@Sensis.com>
Subject RE: release for activemq
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2006 15:14:57 GMT

> Hi Tim-
>
> In that case just wanted to know that
> a) Is their a official release planned for the broker

The Broker has official releases already.  They can be found here
http://www.activemq.org/site/download.html

The Activemq-cpp does not have an official release currently, we have
been discussing this and hope to have one soon.  No timeline is
currently available however.

> b) Which company do you work for and what is the proj about (in case u
can
> tell me ....)

I work for Sensis Corp.  http://www.sensis.com/

We use AMQ Cpp to provide a high volume message bus for radar data
processing.  Nate may chime in on this if he feels he can share anything
that wouldn't violate any company proprietary info as he is working on
that project.

> c) We had a big plan for activemq-cpp .... wanted to create a service
bus
> ... activemq-cpp could go in as a reference implementation for our
product
> .... we would provide support for 4 diff techs for consumers. What
kind of
> support can we expect Tim.

Those of us working on amq-cpp do so on a volunteer basis; we aren't
paid to do so.  As such we support it as best we can.  You are welcome
to contribute to the project or write issues for bugs that you find and
we will get to them as fast as we can.

> Hey Tim, please reply to me ... I want to promote this in our org.

I am on travel this week, so responses are delayed a bit, so no need to
send multiple messages.

> Thanks
>
> Lalit Nagpal
>

> tabish121 wrote:
> >
> > # Lalit Nagpal # wrote:
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> If somebody could help me with these questions, I would be able to
> > convince
> >> my managers on using activemq.
> >>
> >> Q1. We wanted to know whether their are any plans for an official
> > release of
> >> activemq (with c++).
> >>
> > We don't currently do official releases of the activemq-cpp code,
once
> > we do it would still not be included with the broker.  Activemq-cpp
is
> > separate from the broker.
> >
> >> Q2. Is activemq-cpp api being used in production anywhere. Any
> > examples of
> >> active usage would definitely help me convince my managers.
> >>
> > Its currently being used by the company I work for.  We aren't aware
yet
> > who all is using it besides us, we welcome people to report back how
its
> > working for them.
> >
> >> Q3. Any stats on efficiency would be '+' for me to know about
> >>

> > There is some performance data on the ActiveMQ site for the broker.
We