activemq-users mailing list archives

From Jack Britton <jack.brit...@logicblaze.com>
Subject Re: start message listener
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2006 23:00:33 GMT
jxie,

For example a method that creates a connection to a broker and registers
a listener and starts the connection:

protected Connection createConnection(String topicName, String clientID,
String url)throws Exception{
        TopicConnectionFactory conFactory = new
ActiveMQConnectionFactory(url);
        TopicConnection connection = conFactory.createTopicConnection( );
        TopicSession subSession = connection.createTopicSession(false,
Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
        TopicSubscriber subscriber = subSession.createSubscriber(chatTopic);
        subscriber.setMessageListener(this);
<----------------------------------  here is your listener, it will
automagically call the onMessage() method.
        connection.start();
}