activemq-users mailing list archives

From Lou Bona <...@TheCatalis.com>
Subject Re: Random questions about the dead letter queue
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2006 05:07:12 GMT
hi,

sounds like you got the DLQ working. I'm stumped, maybe you can help.
I'm looking for some docs, sample code, or just some advice on what I'm
missing.

For the most basic case I'm using the example code include in the distro
(4.0.1), and setting the timeToLive to 10 seconds. I see the that the
messages expire, but I don't see them move out of the queue until the
broker hits a checkpoint and clears out the old messages.

I tried consuming "ActiveMQ.DLQ.Queue.TEST.FOO" - which is what
IndividualDeadLetterStrategy.getDeadLetterQueueFor() says the DLQ is for
TEST.FOO, and I tried a variety of things with JMX and Advisory
Messages, but I'm having zero luck getting expired messages.

Any clues on what I'm missing would be appreciated,

Lou