activemq-users mailing list archives

From Lou Bona <...@TheCatalis.com>
Subject dead letter Q ?
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2006 23:34:09 GMT
hi,

I've got an app where some of the messages that are sent are
time-critical, and if they're not picked up within a certain timeframe I
need to escalate the message to another process. My initial feeling is
that setting the message to expire after the specific time interval, and
then monitoring the dead letter queue would solve this. However, I can't
find any info on configuring the DLQ. I did see a few posts a while back
that make me think maybe it's not fully implemented yet.

Any pointers to the relevant docs or sample code would be appreciated.
Alternative solutions would also be welcome, if there's a better way to
solve this problem.

thanks,

Lou