activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Christopher G. Stach II" <...@ldsys.net>
Subject Re: UDP infinite loops
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2006 19:32:52 GMT
millerkdm wrote:
> thanks, but i don't need udp lecture. check out activeMQ's 4.xx
> implimentation. they put a reliablity layer on top of udp. i would like to
> turn it off--or see if they can get it to work.
>

> Christopher G. Stach II wrote:
>> There is no reliability in UDP.  All you get is data integrity with a
>> checksum.
>>
>> --
>> Christopher G. Stach II

Then don't say stupid things. :)  If you know where it is, and you're so
smart, fix it yourself. :)  I hope that there are higher priorities than
UDP, because disk I/O is going to be a much bigger bottleneck than TCP
vs. UDP, not to mention the various MBean issues and queue browsing issues.

--
Christopher G. Stach II