activemq-users mailing list archives

From xali...@nexgo.de
Subject Bug AMQ-810 not fixed properly yet?
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2006 12:15:45 GMT
 Hello,

with a network of brokers and conduit subscriptions there is a known bug in version 4.0.1,
that under certain conditions prevents subscribers from getting events.
(https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-810)
According to the issue tracker the bug is fixed with version 4.0.2.
I know, that 4.0.2 is not released yet, so maybe I'm a little to early, but I retested the
problem yesterday with 4.0.2-RC4 (http://people.apache.org/~chirino/incubator-activemq-4.0.2-RC4/maven1/incubator-activemq/distributions/)
and found the behaviour has changed, but it's still not correct. Now there are duplicated
events.
Should I submit a bug report, or is the bug-fixing for AMQ-810 still ongoing?

Regards
Linda Floren
----

My test does the following:
I have two brokers A and B linked to each other with conduitSubscriptions=true.
I have a publisher on A and subscribers with messageSelectors on B (and an identical set of
subscribers on A for sanity check).

In 4.0.1 the behavior was as follows:
On broker B only the subscribers with a messageSelector that was a subset of the messageSelector
of the first subscription made on B received events. Subscribers with different messageSelectors
received nothing.

With 4.0.2-RC4 the behaviour is as follows:
If on broker B n subscribers have identical messageSelectors, they receive each matching event
n times!

Without messageSelectors everything works fine.

Viel oder wenig? Schnell oder langsam? Unbegrenzt surfen + telefonieren
ohne Zeit- und Volumenbegrenzung? DAS TOP ANGEBOT JETZT bei Arcor: günstig
und schnell mit DSL - das All-Inclusive-Paket für clevere Doppel-Sparer,
nur  44,85 €  inkl. DSL- und ISDN-Grundgebühr!
http://www.arcor.de/rd/emf-dsl-2