activemq-users mailing list archives

From Pico Florin <picoflo...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Need simple example for receiving a JMS message
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2006 12:43:06 GMT
Hi!
    The provided examples don't covered what I want. I have just a  reach client (made swing)
who sends an object an expects a response  from the web server(tomcat). I want to know if
it functionality is  doable without any configuration file but programatically. Also in the:

   http://activemq.org/site/how-should-i-implement-request-response-with-jms.html

  is written that you can use the MultiplexingRequestor but I didn't see  any example that
use this class neither in server side nor in the  client side. The bigest problem for me is
how should I write the server  side in order to send a message to the reach client.
   Regards,
    Florin

James Strachan <james.strachan@gmail.com> wrote:  I'd recommend you follow the Lingo
examples and use it on both the
client and server (at least until you get used to JMS). Failing that
use the JMS API on both ends.

this example has the client and server side...

http://lingo.codehaus.org/Example

(just separate them into 2 different spring.xml if you want)

On 10/3/06, Pico Florin
 wrote:
> Hello!
>  Thank you for your respose. I've used lingo just for the client side. I  still have
problems in setting the server side response. How can I set  up the server side in order to
send a response to the client's message?  More clear, I have to know how to set up the client
in order to be a  sender not just a consumer. I have made the following:
>   //on the servert side
>   public class SynchronizeListener implements MessageListener {
>   Session session;
>   public SynchronizeListener(Session session ){
>    this.session = session;
>   }
>
>   public void onMessage(Message msg) {
>
>                   Message response = session
>                             .createTextMessage("Replying from server for "
>                                     + m.getObject());
>                     response.setJMSCorrelationID(msg.getJMSCorrelationID());
>
>                   producer = session.createProducer(msg.getJMSReplyTo());
>

>                   producer.send(response);
>
>               }
>
>       }
>   }
>
>  This listener is added to the server side consumer. The JMS server is  starded from
a servlet, and here is the code where I use the above  class:

>   public class ApplicationInit implements ServletContextListener {
>
>   public void contextInitialized(ServletContextEvent e) {
>     BrokerService jmsServer = new BrokerService();
>

>                         jmsServer.addConnector("tcp://localhost:61615");
>                         jmsServer.addConnector("tcp://localhost:61616");
>                       jmsServer.start();
>                        ActiveMQConnectionFactory factory  = new ActiveMQConnectionFactory(
>                                 "tcp://localhost:61615");
>                        Connection conn =  factory.createConnection();
>                       conn.start();
>                        Session session =  conn.createSession(true,
>                                 Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
>
>                       Queue queue = session.createQueue("SYNCHRONIZE");
>                         MessageConsumer listener = session.createConsumer(queue);
>
>                         listener.setMessageListener(new AuditorSynchronizeListener(
>                                 session));
>   }
>
> }
>   But when I start the client the following exception is thrown:
>
>   javax.jms.JMSException: edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException
>       at org.logicblaze.lingo.jms.impl.MultiplexingRequestor.createJMSException(MultiplexingRequestor.java:205)
>       at org.logicblaze.lingo.jms.impl.MultiplexingRequestor.request(MultiplexingRequestor.java:133)
>       at org.logicblaze.lingo.jms.impl.MultiplexingRequestor.request(MultiplexingRequestor.java:95)
>       at
>   Evicting inactive request for correlationID: Entry for key: 1
>
>   in the client code:
>
>   Queue messageQueue = session.createQueue("SYNCHRONIZE");
>               MessageProducer producer = session.createProducer(messageQueue);
>               producer.setTimeToLive(5000);
>
>               Destination tempDest = session
>               .createTemporaryQueue();
>               MultiplexingRequestor multp = new MultiplexingRequestor(conn,
>                        session, producer, messageQueue,  tempDest, true);
>
>               Message msg = null;
>
>               msg = session.createObjectMessage("Testing the client ");
>               System.out.println("received =" +multp.request(messageQueue, msg));
>
> James Strachan  wrote:  If you want to learn how to use the JMS API then Sun's JMS tutorial
is
> a pretty good start...
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/how-do-i-get-started-with-jms.html
>
> Alternatively you could stick to writing business level POJOs and hide
> the middleware via Lingo which hides the JMS API from you letting you
> focus on your business logic
>
> http://lingo.codehaus.org/
>

> On 10/3/06, Pico Florin
>  wrote:
> > Hi, all!
>  > I'm newbie in using the activemq API and I have some problems in  receiving a JMS
message from a web server. Here is the scenario:
>  > I have a reach client who sends JMS messages to a web server  (Tomcat) and it (the
client) expects a reply from the server. I have  read the documentation related to this subject
from here:
> >     http://activemq.org/site/how-should-i-implement-request-response-with-jms.html
> >
> >   but I'm a litlle bit confused because of this lines of code (bolded):
> >
> >   //server side
> >
>  > public void onMessage(Message request) { Message response =  session.createMessage();
 response.setJMSCorrelationID(request.getJMSCorrelationID())  producer.send(request.getJMSReplyTo(),
response) }
> >   1. In this case who is the session and how can I obtain it?
> >   2. Who is the producer and how can I obtain it?
> >
> >   On the client should I use the code:
> >

>  > // client side Destination tempDest =  session.createTemporaryQueue(); MessageConsumer
responseConsumer =  session.createConsumer(tempDest); ... // send a request..  message.setJMSReplyTo(tempDest)
 message.setJMSCorrelationID(myCorrelationID); producer.send(message);
> >   responseConsumer.receive(1000);
> >
> >   in order to receive the message?
> >
> >   Thank you,
> >      Florin

> > ---------------------------------
> > Yahoo! Messenger  NEW - crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with voicemail
> >

> --
>
> James
> -------
> http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/

>  Inbox full of spam? Get leading spam protection and 1GB storage with All New Yahoo!
Mail.

--

James
-------