activemq-users mailing list archives

From Pico Florin <picoflo...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Need simple example for receiving a JMS message
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2006 11:48:47 GMT
Hello!
   Thank you for your respose. I've used lingo just for the client  side. I still have problems
in setting the server side response. How  can I set up the server side in order to send a
response to the  client's message? More clear, I have to know how to set up the client  in
order to be a sender not just a consumer. I have made the following:
  //on the servert side
  public class SynchronizeListener implements MessageListener {
  Session session;
  public SynchronizeListener(Session session ){
   this.session = session;
  }

  public void onMessage(Message msg) {

                  Message response = session
                            .createTextMessage("Replying from server for "
                                    + m.getObject());
                    response.setJMSCorrelationID(msg.getJMSCorrelationID());

                  producer = session.createProducer(msg.getJMSReplyTo());

                  producer.send(response);

              }

      }
  }

  This listener is added to the server side consumer. The JMS server is  starded from a servlet,
and here is the code where I use the above  class:

  public class ApplicationInit implements ServletContextListener {

  public void contextInitialized(ServletContextEvent e) {
    BrokerService jmsServer = new BrokerService();

                        jmsServer.addConnector("tcp://localhost:61615");
                        jmsServer.addConnector("tcp://localhost:61616");
                      jmsServer.start();
                       ActiveMQConnectionFactory factory  = new ActiveMQConnectionFactory(
                                "tcp://localhost:61615");
                       Connection conn =  factory.createConnection();
                      conn.start();
                       Session session =  conn.createSession(true,
                                Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);

                      Queue queue = session.createQueue("SYNCHRONIZE");
                        MessageConsumer listener = session.createConsumer(queue);

                        listener.setMessageListener(new AuditorSynchronizeListener(
                                session));
  }

}
  But when I start the client the following exception is thrown:

  javax.jms.JMSException: edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException
      at org.logicblaze.lingo.jms.impl.MultiplexingRequestor.createJMSException(MultiplexingRequestor.java:205)
      at org.logicblaze.lingo.jms.impl.MultiplexingRequestor.request(MultiplexingRequestor.java:133)
      at org.logicblaze.lingo.jms.impl.MultiplexingRequestor.request(MultiplexingRequestor.java:95)
      at
  Evicting inactive request for correlationID: Entry for key: 1

  in the client code:

  Queue messageQueue = session.createQueue("SYNCHRONIZE");
              MessageProducer producer = session.createProducer(messageQueue);
              producer.setTimeToLive(5000);

              Destination tempDest = session
              .createTemporaryQueue();
              MultiplexingRequestor multp = new MultiplexingRequestor(conn,
                       session, producer, messageQueue,  tempDest, true);

              Message msg = null;

              msg = session.createObjectMessage("Testing the client ");
              System.out.println("received =" +multp.request(messageQueue, msg));

James Strachan <james.strachan@gmail.com> wrote:  If you want to learn how to use the
JMS API then Sun's JMS tutorial is
a pretty good start...

http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/how-do-i-get-started-with-jms.html

Alternatively you could stick to writing business level POJOs and hide
the middleware via Lingo which hides the JMS API from you letting you
focus on your business logic

http://lingo.codehaus.org/

On 10/3/06, Pico Florin
 wrote:
> Hi, all!
>  I'm newbie in using the activemq API and I have some problems in  receiving a JMS message
from a web server. Here is the scenario:
>  I have a reach client who sends JMS messages to a web server (Tomcat)  and it (the client)
expects a reply from the server. I have read the  documentation related to this subject from
here:
>     http://activemq.org/site/how-should-i-implement-request-response-with-jms.html
>
>   but I'm a litlle bit confused because of this lines of code (bolded):
>
>   //server side
>
>  public void onMessage(Message request) { Message response =  session.createMessage();
 response.setJMSCorrelationID(request.getJMSCorrelationID())  producer.send(request.getJMSReplyTo(),
response) }
>   1. In this case who is the session and how can I obtain it?
>   2. Who is the producer and how can I obtain it?
>
>   On the client should I use the code:
>

>  // client side Destination tempDest = session.createTemporaryQueue();  MessageConsumer
responseConsumer = session.createConsumer(tempDest);  ... // send a request.. message.setJMSReplyTo(tempDest)
 message.setJMSCorrelationID(myCorrelationID); producer.send(message);

--

James
-------

 Inbox full of spam? Get leading spam protection and 1GB storage with All New Yahoo! Mail.