activemq-users mailing list archives

From snacktime <snackt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Alternatives to stomp
Date Sun, 15 Oct 2006 05:49:54 GMT
> I would highly recommend we focus on fixing any stomp issues that may be
> left since it's like 500% easier to understand than the openwire versions.

Well if there is anything I can do to assist let me know, keeping in
mind I'm not java developer.  I have spent quite a bit of time with
stomp and the JMX console though and can make things misbehave pretty
much on queue.  If I take out the issue of large numbers of messages
in the queue, then all I'm really seeing is that when I disconnect a
stomp consumer in a bad way, activemq still has the consumer and part
of the messages get assigned to the phantom consumer and you can't
ever get them back.  The memory issues and negative queue numbers
don't seem to be an issue unless I try to put 20,000 or so messages in
a queue, and that's probably more of a core activemq issue then stomp
related I imagine.

Chris