activemq-users mailing list archives

From snacktime <snackt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issues with stomp
Date Sat, 14 Oct 2006 06:03:42 GMT
On 10/13/06, Rob Davies <rajdavies@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> thanks for the info.  Please bear with it - I'm not sure the issue is
> so much with Stomp  but with ActiveMQ's ability to handle large
> volumes of messages that haven't been consumed. This is something I'
> ve been working on improving for a while - and it should be ready end
> of next week.

That makes sense.  So far I've narrowed it down to two specific
scenarios where things start to go crazy.  One is when a stomp
consumer disconnects badly, and the other is when too many messages
are in the queue, somewhere around 20,000 or so from what I've seen.
If I just have a consumer constantly reading anything put into the
queue I can send stuff for days and it works fine without any jumps in
memory consumption.  Also, when it does start eating memory messages
can't be consumed and disconnected consumers still hang around, but I
can still put messages into the queue.  But you probably already knew
that..