activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with failover and consumer
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2006 10:57:01 GMT
On 9/26/06, nusa <setianusa07@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Thanks James for a quick reply.
>
> failover: is  only used on the client side. How and where to define it ?

You only use it when configuring your JMS client - ignore it for using
networkConnectors (i.e. connecting brokers to each other) as they use
a failover mechanism by default

http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/how-can-i-support-auto-reconnection.html

> OK, sorry for incomplete info.
> Everytime I startup my Tomcat, my consumer receveive a message, to be
> precised
> the onMessage method is invoked, WITHOUT the producer send any message.
> Would that help ?

I can't explain it I'm afraid. Are you using topics or queues? From
your configuraiton you seem to be using queues with
lastImageRecoveryPolicy (which is only intended for topics). If you
are using last image recovery, then getting a message on startup is
the desired behaviour :)

--

James
-------