activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Stock Alert with ActiveMQ
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2006 13:39:11 GMT
On 9/15/06, shital <shitalbpatel@optonline.net> wrote:

> I am using activeMQ for displaying streaming stock prices in my application.
> Now i have to build alert framework. like if for some stock price goes below
> thresold then i have to send email to whoever has set up that alert.
> how can i do that using JMS and active MQ?
>
> Just as a note : my volume of data is very very high, so how do i monitor
> such high volume of data.

If you can, push more of the work to the broker - e.g. create
subscriptions with selectors. Failing that, just make sure that your
code is fast :) If you are still having problems, consider
partitioning your data, so that different JVMs/threads/consumers
process different parts of your data (e.g. using wildcard
subscriptions)
--

James
-------