activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AMQ Beginner - slow producer
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2006 09:57:28 GMT
On 9/14/06, Rick <2to32minus1@gmail.com> wrote:

> public class ActiveMqTest {
>
>         public ActiveMqTest() {
>         }
>         ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////
>         // Just getting started with ActiveMQ.
>         // I must be doing something very wrong to be getting such poor performance
> on local sends (21 messages/sec).
>         // Please take a quick look and see if there is something obvious.
>         // This code is a derivative of HelloWorldProducer at
> http://www.activemq.org/site/hello-world.html.
>         // Thank you in advance for any help!

You're using a pretty old release, you should try using 4.0.1 or the
new 4.0.2 release. Other than that here's a bunch of things you can do
to speed things up

http://devzone.logicblaze.com/site/apache-activemq-performance-tuning-guide.html

Incidentally that does sound really slow - do you have a slow disk?
Are you CPU bound? The lmiting factor for persistent messaging is
usually how fast you can write to disk (also are other processes on
the box writing to disk too causing the head to move about?)

--

James
-------