activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A full-on example of creating a 'durable' subscriber
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 00:05:02 GMT
On 9/12/06, robottaway <rottaway@musiciansfriend.com> wrote:

> I have scoured the forum (and the net) for a good example of how exactly a
> durable topic subscriber should be set up.

Using the JMS API its via this method....
http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/docs/api/javax/jms/Session.html#createDurableSubscriber(javax.jms.Topic,%20java.lang.String,%20java.lang.String,%20boolean)

or you can create one using ActiveMQ's MBeans

http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/maven/activemq-core/apidocs/org/apache/activemq/broker/jmx/BrokerViewMBean.html#createDurableSubscriber(java.lang.String,%20java.lang.String,%20java.lang.String,%20java.lang.String)

> From what I have gleamed from the
> forum I have been able to set up a durable subscription from a Smix JBI
> component (org.apache.servicemix.components.jms.JmsInUsingJCABinding).
> Unfortunately this only partially works. Once the durable subscription is
> made, and the consumer brought down, messages are being shown in jconsole as
> queueing up. I see the queueing in the subscription's
> DurableSubscriptionView component, in it's attribute 'PendingQueueSize'.
> This component is under "${Broker Name}/Subscription/true" in my jconsole
> view. Once my Smix subscriber is back up it gets one, and only one message.
> Any other messages that where posted to the topic while the consumer was
> down do not get consumed.
>
> Sorry if this is actually more a Smix question....

Not sure about the rest of your question - what does your ServiceMix
subscriber do? Is it completing the message exchange?

--

James
-------