activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ, Clustered JBoss and JDBC Master/Slave
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2006 07:45:22 GMT
I wonder if it might help to diagnose whats going on by starting off
running the pair of brokers separately, outside of JBoss and try
taking up/down different bits. As right now there's alot of moving
parts (JBoss, JCA, RA, ActiveMQ client and the brokers).

On 9/1/06, dooart <thiagocduarte@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

> I am trying to setup an environment with a clustered JBoss and ActiveMQ in
> JDBC Master/Slave mode. I'm going to use JMS in our application to help in
> some issues with clustering, like indexing and local files synchronization.
>
> I have only two machines to run the entire environment and I want to run an
> embedded ActiveMQ broker per application server to help in application
> maintenance, so the final environment will be something like this:
>
> http://www.nabble.com/user-files/235837/cluster_activemq.png
>
> At first it seemed to be working fine, but when I started to test the
> behaviour of the environment shutting down the nodes and restarting them, I
> started to have some problems with message duplication and lost messages.
> Here are the results of some tests I made (errors are marked with red
> color):
>

> First Test
>

> Step    Action  Result
>

> 1       Servlet at NODE01 sends message "node01_test01" Both EJB containers
> receive the message "node01_test01"
>

> 2       Servlet at NODE02 sends message "node02_test01" Both EJB containers
> receive the message "node02_test01"
>

> 3       NODE02 is shut down and restarted       NODE02 leaves and enters the cluster
> again
>

> 4       Servlet at NODE01 sends message "node01_test02" Both EJB containers
> receive the message "node01_test02"
>

> 5       Servlet at NODE02 sends message "node02_test02" Both EJB containers
> receive the message "node02_test02"
>

> 6       NODE02 is shut down     NODE02 leaves the cluster
>

> 7       Servlet at NODE01 sends message "node01_test03" Only the EJB container at
> NODE01 receives the message "node01_test03" (ok!)
>

> 8       NODE02 is started       NODE02 enters the cluster and receives the message
> "node01_test03" (ok!)
>

> 9       NODE01 is shut down     NODE01 leaves cluster and NODE02 receives again the
> message "node01_test03" (twice)
>

> 10      Servlet at NODE02 sends message "node02_test03" Only the EJB container at
> NODE02 receives the message "node02_test03" (ok!)
>

> 11      NODE01 is started       NODE01 enters the cluster and receives the message
> "node02_test03" (ok!)
>

> 12      Servlet at NODE01 sends message "node01_test04" Both EJB containers
> receive the message "node01_test04"
>

> 13      Servlet at NODE02 sends message "node02_test04" Both EJB containers
> receive the message "node02_test04"
>

> 14      NODE02 is shut down     NODE02 leaves cluster and NODE01 receives again the
> message "node02_test03" (once)
>

> 15      Servlet at NODE01 sends message "node01_test05" Only the EJB container at
> NODE01 receives the message "node01_test05" (ok!)
>

> 16      NODE01 is shut down     Cluster is empty
>

> 17      NODE02 is started       NODE02 enters the cluster but doesn't receive the
> message "node01_test05" as expected
>

> 18      NODE01 is started       NODE01 enters the cluster

> [...]

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/