activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Paging support
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2006 06:50:37 GMT
Note that MessageReferences != message contents; they are mostly just
a MessageId which is pretty small.

On 8/29/06, Fateev, Maxim <fateev@amazon.com> wrote:
> AFAIK messages are moved from journal to permantent storage (JDBC) on every checkpoint.
The problem is that references for every message are still kept in memory.
> IMHO it is inherent limitation of MessageStore API as it is defined now. The only way
to get message is by id. And the only way to have id is to keep it in memory.
> I'm looking into changing MessageStore API to one that instead of
>
> Message         getMessage(MessageId identity)
>
> Would provide
>
> Message getNextMessage()
>
> method eliminating need to keep references in memory.

(Someone reported this as AMQ-845 earlier, but with no response).

> --

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/