activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Hiram Chirino" <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: C# NMS client
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2006 22:48:58 GMT
On 9/25/06, Rob Lugt <robert.lugt@cheynecapital.com> wrote:

> MikeyBoy wrote:
> >
> > Hi Rob that's for the reply. Somehow I assumed NMS could be used as a
> > stand-alone client. I looked at the ActiveMQ Windows binary and see it
> > contains no DLLs, just JARs. So do I need to build an ActiveMQ DLL
> > callable from .net?  TIA, M
> >

> Hi Mike
>
> No, the activemq-dotnet DLL contains two top-level namespaces: NMS and
> ActiveMQ; I'm not sure of the rationale for this. If you view the DLL in

The reason for the 2 namespaces is that the interfaces in NMS name
space can be implemented by other messaging systems and is not
ActiveMQ specific.

The ActiveMQ namespace has our implementation of the interfaces in the
NMS namespace.  If you use an object factory that creates the initial
ConnectionFactory for you, then your application code can stay
decoupled from ActiveMQ since it only needs to use the interfaces in
the NMS namespace.  But that can be a little tricky to setup, so most
folks just import the ConnectionFactory from activemq namespace
directly.