activemq-users mailing list archives

From John Heitmann <>
Subject Re: Load Balancing with Single Consumer
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 22:22:12 GMT

On Sep 11, 2006, at 11:18 PM, James Strachan wrote:
> Currently for the latter, failover to another broker is supported.
> However we don't yet have the former - connecting and consuming from
> both brokers at the same time.
> There is an outstanding issue for this.
> we have a basic FanoutTransport that connects to multiple brokers; but
> more work is required to add the various required semantics such as to
> support queue consumption across many brokers and transaction support
> etc.
> IIRC John Heitmann was working on this - any progress John?

I've got a pretty much working version now. I had to pause work on it
for a bit to take care of some other stuff, but I have time again
now. I need to fix a couple bugs (transaction glitches and multi-
session glitches) and get it looked at by a teammate. Once that's
done I can post the code. I should be able to show something in a
couple days.

View raw message