activemq-users mailing list archives

From rabidgremlin <rabidgrem...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: receive() method not working on TopicSubscriber
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2006 01:35:44 GMT
yep.... here is the snippet of code of some test code:

1)      topicConnection = topicConnectionFactory.createTopicConnection();
2)      topicConnection.setExceptionListener(new ExceptionHandler());
3)      topicSession = topicConnection.createTopicSession(false,
Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
4)      topic = topicSession.createTopic(topicName);

5)      topicSubscriber = topicSession.createSubscriber(topic);
6)      //topicListener = new TextListener();
7)      //topicSubscriber.setMessageListener(topicListener);

8)      System.out.println("Starting subscriber press CTRL+C to kill");
9)      topicConnection.start();

10)      // now lets wait forever to avoid the JVM terminating immediately
11)      //Object lock = new Object();
12)      //synchronized (lock)
13)      //{
14)      //  lock.wait();

16)      while (true)
17)      {
18)        System.out.println("@@@@ " + topicSubscriber.receive
().toString());
19)        //Thread.sleep(1000);
20)      }

If I comment out lines 16-20,  and uncomment lines 6-7 and 10-15 then
everthing works.....