activemq-users mailing list archives

From HU <gong...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Broker used up the memory
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2006 11:45:54 GMT

Yes, the consumer is separated from the broker and the producer.
Now, I installed the YourKit on the consumer PC and run it to try capture
somthing.
I put follow codes in my source code, then find the used memory was released
in every 10minuts.
final Thread thread = new Thread(
  new Runnable(){
    public void run() {
      try {
        final Controller controller = new Controller();
        for (;;) {
          Thread.sleep(10 /* minutes */ * 60 /*seconds in minute*/ * 1000 /*
millis in second */);
          controller.captureMemorySnapshot();
        }
      }
      catch (Exception e) {
        e.printStackTrace();
      }
    }
  }
);
thread.setDaemon(true); // let the application normally terminate
thread.start();

Is just the consumer running in the JVM and the broker & producer are
seperate? If you think you've found some kind of memory leak, please
run a profiler to help us figure out whats going on.