activemq-users mailing list archives

From bjchip ...@identitysolutions.co.nz>
Subject It is org.apache,activemq
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2006 00:51:32 GMT

I need to import activemq and use it.  I have the jar files, etc,  but
activemq could not be resolved because in the examples and documentation I
found,  in 6 hours of search:

  "import activemq" and
  "import org.activemq" and
  "import org.activemq.jndi"  etc. etc. etc.

It is actually...

import org.apache.activemq.whatever....

This is more than just hidden or obscure, it is MISLEADING.

If a document is posted as an example, excising the name "apache" doesn't
make it clearer if the resulting code fragment is broken.   It happens, but
it is WRONG...  if there's a mutable fragment in the example code (say
"apache" is replaced by "fred" or "ieee" or "computer") then that needs to
be explained in-situ in the example or next to it, not ignored or (far worse
IMHO) erased.

Now I will go back to reading the FM.   Hopefully my next post will be more
useful at a higher level.

respectfully
BJ