activemq-users mailing list archives

From MikeyBoy <fjoyu...@yahoo.com>
Subject C# NMS client
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2006 19:02:03 GMT

Hi, I'm attempting to write an NMS C# client. I just want to get a simple
example client going. I have done the following:

1) downloaded C# code from:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/activemq/activemq-dotnet/trunk/src/main/csharp/NMS/

2) placed above files (*.cs) in a project and built an NMS dll, which builds
fine

3) have created a 2nd VSCS project to test the NMS, which references
NMS.dll. It includes the code from here:
http://www.activemq.org/site/nms.html, which is also shown below.

4) Question, when I try to build the code in 3) above (and shown below), I
get an error..."ConnectionFactory" is not defined.  Where is it defined? I
noticed IConnectionFactory is abstract...so somwhere it must be defined?

Thanks, MikeyBoy

------code from http://www.activemq.org/site/nms.html:
IConnectionFactory factory = new ConnectionFactory(new
Uri("tcp://localhost:61616"));
using (IConnection connection = factory.CreateConnection())
{
    Console.WriteLine("Created a connection!");

    ISession session = connection.CreateSession();

    IDestination destination = session.GetQueue("FOO.BAR");
    Console.WriteLine("Using destination: " + destination);

    // lets create a consumer and producer
    IMessageConsumer consumer = session.CreateConsumer(destination);

    IMessageProducer producer = session.CreateProducer(destination);
    producer.Persistent = true;

    // lets send a message
    ITextMessage request = session.CreateTextMessage("Hello World!");
    request.NMSCorrelationID = "abc";
    request.Properties["JMSXGroupID"] = "cheese";
    request.Properties["myHeader"] = "James";

    producer.Send(request);

    // lets consume a message
    ActiveMQTextMessage message = (ActiveMQTextMessage) consumer.Receive();
    if (message == null)
    {
        Console.WriteLine("No message received!");
    }
    else
    {
        Console.WriteLine("Received message with ID:   " +
message.NMSMessageId);
        Console.WriteLine("Received message with text: " + message.Text);
    }
}