activemq-users mailing list archives

From colincrist <colincr...@hermesjms.com>
Subject Limiting connection messages/bandwidth
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2006 11:30:30 GMT

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to configure/implement a throttle on the number of
messages a client (over any transport) can send or receive messages,
initially just by a rate (e.g. 10 per second) but possibly in the future by
bandwidth (e.g. 1G per day) based on users or remote IP addresses/ranges.

I would also be nice to be able to collect these statistics in reports.

I'm considering placing an broker on a publicly accesible server as a
default Hermes provider for new users to experiment with and would rather it
was not swamped :-) It could also be a good example of using SSL etc.

Any pointers to where in the codebase this could be implemented would be
very welcome.

Regards,

Colin.
http://hermesjms.com