activemq-users mailing list archives

From Muzza <stephen.mur...@amt-sybex.com>
Subject Re: AMQ 4.0.x & MDB Listener not connecting
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2006 09:01:14 GMT

Hi James,

I've managed to look into this problem again and have attached a Word
Document with screenshots of the JMX view of this problem. One set of
screenshots showing what happens in JMX when I have a message on AMQ and
then fire up an MDB in Websphere 5.1. The other set of screenshots then show
what happens when I clear down the MDB request queue and start up Websphere.

The difference I've found between the two is that I never get a Subscription
when I have a message already on the queue, this is apparent in the
screenshots.

Can you take a look and advise please ?

Thanks,

Steve.

James.Strachan wrote:

> On 9/4/06, Muzza <stephen.murray@amt-sybex.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi James,
>>
>> I've ran Jconsole and can see that my queue exists and that a connection
>> is
>> established to the broker.
>
> How about looking at the subscriptions to see what its subscribing to
> - to check that the subscriptions really are subscribing to the same
> name queue?
>

>> But still when the queue has any sort of
>> queuesize the MDB doesn't fire it's onMessage.
>>
>> Is there any particular screenshot from Jconsole I can send in or is
>> there
>> any log file from AMQ I can produce ?
>>
>> When the underlying architecture was changed between 3.2.2 and 4.x would
>> this have affected the ActiveMQWASInitialContextFactory, which we use
>> when
>> connecting to AMQ via Websphere ?
>
> I don't think so as its purely to workaround some WAS JNDI issues
>
> --
>
> James
> -------
> http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/