activemq-users mailing list archives

From pauldale <>
Subject configuring per destination strategys?
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2006 15:48:56 GMT

Hi all.

I am trying to set up a queue so that only the most recent message sent
stays in the queue. I had hoped that

                <constantPendingMessageLimitStrategy limit="1" />

Would do that for me, but it doesn't seem to be doing the trick.

After a few days blindly stumbling around trying to get the xml
configuration to work I thought I'd ask for help.

Is this configuration possible? If so, what am I doing wrong in my config

Many thanks,

  <!-- Allows us to use system properties as variables in this configuration
file -->
  <broker useJmx="true" brokerName="brokerTest"
    <!--  Use the following to set the broker memory limit (in bytes)
        <usageManager id="memory-manager" limit="1048576"/>
    <!-- Use the following to configure how ActiveMQ is exposed in JMX -->
       <managementContext createMBeanServer="true" connectorPort="1099"
connectorPath="/jmxrmi" createConnector="true"
emq" />

    <!-- In ActiveMQ 4, you can setup destination policies -->
          <policyEntry queue="RADAR.>">
                <constantPendingMessageLimitStrategy limit="1" />

       <transportConnector name="default" uri="tcp://localhost:61616"
       <transportConnector name="stomp"   uri="stomp://localhost:61613"/>
      <!-- by default just auto discover the other brokers -->
      <networkConnector name="default" uri="multicast://default"/>