activemq-users mailing list archives

From pauldale <paul.d...@traxon.com>
Subject configuring per destination strategys?
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2006 15:48:56 GMT

Hi all.

I am trying to set up a queue so that only the most recent message sent
stays in the queue. I had hoped that

                <constantPendingMessageLimitStrategy limit="1" />

Would do that for me, but it doesn't seem to be doing the trick.

After a few days blindly stumbling around trying to get the xml
configuration to work I thought I'd ask for help.

Is this configuration possible? If so, what am I doing wrong in my config
below?

Many thanks,

Paul

<beans>

  <!-- Allows us to use system properties as variables in this configuration
file -->
  <bean
class="org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer"/>

  <broker useJmx="true" brokerName="brokerTest"
xmlns="http://activemq.org/config/1.0">

    <!--  Use the following to set the broker memory limit (in bytes)
    <memoryManager>
        <usageManager id="memory-manager" limit="1048576"/>
    </memoryManager>
    -->

    <!-- Use the following to configure how ActiveMQ is exposed in JMX -->
    <managementContext>
       <managementContext createMBeanServer="true" connectorPort="1099"
connectorPath="/jmxrmi" createConnector="true"
jmxDomainName="org.apache.activ
emq" />
    </managementContext>

    <!-- In ActiveMQ 4, you can setup destination policies -->
    <destinationPolicy>
      <policyMap><policyEntries>

          <policyEntry queue="RADAR.>">
            <pendingMessageLimitStrategy>
                <constantPendingMessageLimitStrategy limit="1" />
            </pendingMessageLimitStrategy>
          </policyEntry>

      </policyEntries></policyMap>
    </destinationPolicy>

    <transportConnectors>
       <transportConnector name="default" uri="tcp://localhost:61616"
discoveryUri="multicast://default"/>
       <transportConnector name="stomp"   uri="stomp://localhost:61613"/>
    </transportConnectors>

    <networkConnectors>
      <!-- by default just auto discover the other brokers -->
      <networkConnector name="default" uri="multicast://default"/>
    </networkConnectors>

  </broker>
</breans>