activemq-users mailing list archives

From Komandur <>
Subject Re: Firewall
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2006 01:24:59 GMT

Its the 'first' case .... 'server' broker needs to connect to to the
'client' broker inside the firewall for message flow
from 'server' to the 'client' broker.

Interestingly, I just filed a jira related to this - check out AMQ-920 and
vote if you are interested in seeing it addressed.

Jon wrote:
> hi,
> I've just started look into activeMQ (latest version).
> My 'problem' is using several brokers which are behind
> firewalls('clients'), communicating to a single broker outside the
> firewall ('server').
> The server subscriber subscribes to a separate topic on all brokers behind
> the firewalls (clients), and the clients subscribers subscribe to its own
> topic on the server broker.
> The communication is then:
> client connects to server and receives its messages and the server
> receives the messages from the client...
> My question is really; When the client behind firewall connects - will the
> server broker need to connect to the client broker with its own connection
> (to receive its messages on the client), or will it reuse the connection
> created by the client ? If the first is the case i'll have problems...
> -Jon

Sent from the ActiveMQ - User forum at

View raw message