activemq-users mailing list archives

From robottaway <rotta...@musiciansfriend.com>
Subject Re: A full-on example of creating a 'durable' subscriber
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 02:29:01 GMT

>Not sure about the rest of your question - what does your ServiceMix
>subscriber do? Is it completing the message exchange?

Sorry I was not very clear. I cannot be sure if the message exchange is
completed. My subscriber is a Servicemix component, here is the conf from
servicemix.xml file:

        <sm:activationSpec componentName="filemakerInputReceiver"
                service="my:inputReceiver"
                destinationService="my:outputSenderQueue"
                failIfNoDestinationEndpoint="false">
                <sm:component>
                        <bean
class="org.apache.servicemix.components.jms.JmsInUsingJCABinding">
                                <property name="jcaContainer" ref="jencks"/>
                                <property name="activationSpec">
                                        <bean
class="org.apache.activemq.ra.ActiveMQActivationSpec">
                                                <property name="destination"
value="org.mf.servicemix.bsddev.itemdata"/>
                                                <property
name="destinationType" value="javax.jms.Topic"/>
                                                <property name="clientId"
value="filemakerSmix" />
                                                <property
name="subscriptionName" value="filemakerSmixSub" />
                                                <property
name="subscriptionDurability" value="Durable" />
                                        </bean>
                                </property>
                        </bean>
                </sm:component>
        </sm:activationSpec>

>From a post on the forum I was able to set up the activation spec. I'm not
sure if it is configured 100% correctly. Like I described in the first post,
when I bring Servicemix back online the subscriber gets one and only one of
the many message sent to my topic while the subscriber (in Smix) is down.
The rest of the sent messages are lost.

The component/subscriber is taking messages from the topic and then routing
them to another Smix component which publishes to a queue. From the queue
the messages are consumed by a custom application which inserts data into a
Filemaker database.