activemq-users mailing list archives

From robottaway <rotta...@musiciansfriend.com>
Subject A full-on example of creating a 'durable' subscriber
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 22:19:14 GMT

I have scoured the forum (and the net) for a good example of how exactly a
durable topic subscriber should be set up. From what I have gleamed from the
forum I have been able to set up a durable subscription from a Smix JBI
component (org.apache.servicemix.components.jms.JmsInUsingJCABinding).
Unfortunately this only partially works. Once the durable subscription is
made, and the consumer brought down, messages are being shown in jconsole as
queueing up. I see the queueing in the subscription's
DurableSubscriptionView component, in it's attribute 'PendingQueueSize'.
This component is under "${Broker Name}/Subscription/true" in my jconsole
view. Once my Smix subscriber is back up it gets one, and only one message.
Any other messages that where posted to the topic while the consumer was
down do not get consumed.

Sorry if this is actually more a Smix question....

-Rob Ottaway