activemq-users mailing list archives

From kentdorsey <kentdor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Persistent messages not being cleaned up for non-durable Topic
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 02:40:11 GMT

Adrian Co wrote:

> FWIW, 3.x is pretty old. I would go for the 4.x code. :) Let us know how
> your tests go with the 4.x code.

Unfortunately, the project in question probably will not be able to upgrade
to 4.x anytime soon, due to platform limitations.

I am not sure that persisting the messages in question gains any ability to
recover them, due to the implementation strategy.  For now, persistence of
these types of messages has been disabled in the application.  The same
brokers are used for queues, so the underlying configuation needs to remain
stable for the moment.

I will schedule some time this week to perform additional tests on 3.x and
4.x and post the results, and look into the effects of setting the session
to be transacted on the client application.

If the configuration is not properly supported, and 3.x is still available,
a patch should be issued.  I may be able to contribute towards that effort,
depending on how my schedule looks over the next week or two.

Kent