activemq-users mailing list archives

From apinke <>
Subject Load Balancing with Single Consumer
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2006 13:58:02 GMT

We are trying to achieve load balancing with single producer and single
consumer instance and multiple Brokers.

What we are trying to achive is have only one Consumer connect to one broker
and listen to a queue but for load-balancing reasons ( or if the broker goes
down ) ,  it should automatically connect to the next broker and consume the
Is this setup possible ?

To be more clear, can we create a "virtual" broker / queue that a producer
and consumer can use , but it is actually composed of a network of brokers ,
such that
they can share the load or provide failover capabilities.
Of course , this is not load balancing the application but only the

Sent from the ActiveMQ - User forum at

View raw message