activemq-users mailing list archives

From rubyfan <philtom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Running ActiveMQ under kaffe
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2006 17:07:45 GMT

I tried your suggestion and got the following:

$ ./activemq
ACTIVEMQ_OPTS IS -Xmx512M -Dorg.apache.activemq.UseDedicatedTaskRunner=true
-Dderby.system.home=../data -Dderby.storage.fileSyncTransactionLog=true
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote
JAVACMD is:  /usr/local/kaffe//bin/java
ACTIVEMQ_HOME: /home/patomson/devel/incubator-activemq-4.0.1
Created MBeanServer with ID: [UID:
127329967,1157580786153,-32768]:phpe-dev-10:1
INFO  BrokerService                  - ActiveMQ 4.0.1 JMS Message Broker
(localhost) is starting
INFO  BrokerService                  - For help or more information please
see: http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/
WARN  ManagementContext              - Failed to start jmx connector:
javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Can't find property:
java.naming.factory.initial
INFO  JDBCPersistenceAdapter         - Database driver recognized:
[apache_derby_embedded_jdbc_driver]
INFO  TransportServerThreadSupport   - Listening for connections at:
tcp://phpe-dev-10:61616
WARN  MulticastDiscoveryAgent        - brokerName not set
ERROR BrokerService                  - Failed to start ActiveMQ JMS Message
Broker. Reason: java.net.SocketException: Unknown socket option
java.net.SocketException: Unknown socket option
   at gnu.java.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.setOption
(PlainDatagramSocketImpl.java:90)
   at java.net.MulticastSocket.setLoopbackMode (MulticastSocket.java:257)
   at
org.apache.activemq.transport.discovery.multicast.MulticastDiscoveryAgent.start
(MulticastDiscoveryAgent.java:220)
   at org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnector.start
(TransportConnector.java:205)
   at org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.startTransportConnector
(BrokerService.java:1118)
   at org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.startAllConnectors
(BrokerService.java:1075)
   at org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.start
(BrokerService.java:369)
   at org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerService.afterPropertiesSet
(XBeanBrokerService.java:43)
   at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.invokeInitMethods
(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1059)
   at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean
(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:363)
   at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean
(AbstractBeanFactory.java:226)
   at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean
(AbstractBeanFactory.java:147)
   at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons
(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:275)
   at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh
(AbstractApplicationContext.java:320)
   at org.apache.xbean.spring.context.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>
(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:158)
   at org.apache.xbean.spring.context.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>
(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:48)
   at org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerFactory.createBroker
(XBeanBrokerFactory.java:40)
   at org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFactory.createBroker
(BrokerFactory.java:56)
   at org.apache.activemq.console.command.StartCommand.startBroker
(StartCommand.java:81)
   at org.apache.activemq.console.command.StartCommand.runTask
(StartCommand.java:46)
   at org.apache.activemq.console.command.AbstractCommand.execute
(AbstractCommand.java:49)
   at org.apache.activemq.console.command.ShellCommand.runTask
(ShellCommand.java:81)
   at org.apache.activemq.console.command.AbstractCommand.execute
(AbstractCommand.java:49)
   at org.apache.activemq.console.command.ShellCommand.main
(ShellCommand.java:45)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke0 (Method.java)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke (Method.java:255)
   at org.apache.activemq.console.Main.runTaskClass (Main.java:135)
   at org.apache.activemq.console.Main.main (Main.java:67)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke0 (Method.java)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke (Method.java:255)
   at org.kaffe.jar.ExecJarName.main (ExecJarName.java:64)
   at org.kaffe.jar.ExecJar.main (ExecJar.java:57)

ERROR: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to execute start task. Reason:
with name 'org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerService' defined in class
path resource [activemq.xml]: Initialization of bean failed; nested
exception is java.net.SocketException: Unknown socket option
ERROR: java.lang.Exception:

Adrian Co wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You could try specifying your persistence adapter to be just jdbc:
>
>     <persistenceAdapter>
>        <jdbcPersistenceAdapter dataSource="#derby-ds"/>
>     </persistenceAdapter>

>   <bean id="derby-ds" class="org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDataSource">
>     <property name="databaseName" value="derbydb"/>
>     <property name="createDatabase" value="create"/>
>   </bean>
>
> Or better yet, if you're using the default journal-jdbc adapter, just set
> useJournal to false:
>
>     <persistenceAdapter>
>        <journaledJDBC journalLogFiles="4" journalLogFileSize="32768"
> useJournal="false" dataSource="#derby-ds"
> dataDirectory="target/defaultBroker-data"/>
>     </persistenceAdapter>
>

> Regards,
> Adrian Co
>
> rubyfan wrote:
>> How does one go about "disabling the journal" ?
>>

>> Hiram Chirino wrote:
>>
>>> I would suggest disabling the journal.  Just run with direct jdbc.
>>> the Journal uses some NIO file access witch Kaffe might not be liking.

JAVACMD