activemq-users mailing list archives

From johper <karljpers...@hotmail.com>
Subject ActiveMQ in JBoss - Derby
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2006 09:47:59 GMT

Hi,
Deployed ActiveMQ (Servicemix-SAR service archive) in Jboss and dropped my
servicemix-service-assembly containing JMS-bindings which communicates with
JBossMQ via JNDI, everything works really fine.

Next step is to switch JBossMQ persistence database from bundled Hypersonic
to Derby. To be able to connect to Derby I placed derby.jar,
derby-client.jar and also built JBoss to be able to get the missing
classfile "DerbyDatabase" in the derby-plugin.jar file. So derby.jar,
derby-client.jar and derby-plugin.jar is now in my JBoss/<>/lib catalog
together with. And I have a derby-ds.xml from JBoss samples, placed in JBoss
deploy catalog.
When rebooting JBoss it comes up with no warning/errors (I can see
DerbyDatabase in JBoss/JMX and in the "data" dir there is a "derby" for my
newly created derby-ds.xml, binds to jndi name etc.) .

When I run my previously fine working servicemix-service-assembly it says
ERROR, but starts! There is a "SedaFlow error...". Difference from running
with no ERROR is derby.jar, derby-client.jar and derby-plugin.jar in JBoss
lib catalog and the derby-ds.xml database profile in the jboss-deploy
catalog.

ActiveMQ (Servicemix) broker use Derby internally ? I sit with two embedded
Derby in same JBoss VM ? Possible to have both ActiveMQ and JBossMQ using
Derby as persistence database?

TIA
Johan