activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Guangnuan.Liu" <>
Subject How to make a embedded broker talk to stand alone Brokers?
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2006 08:29:06 GMT

    I am new to XML, Java and ActiveMQ, so I can only use the example
programs to test my settings.
    I mamaged to have two AMQ talk to each other, either by muticast
discovery thru different transportconnection or by static settings. I have
not set up a Networks of Brokers that have more than three stand alone AMQs.

    I am about to use web services to talk to the AMQ. I had setup Tomcat
and copied the activemq-web-demo-4.0.2 to Tomcat\webapps. I tried the
web-demo, it works well itself. Now I need the web-demo to talk to the stand
alone AMQ.

    I have read a lot of the messages posted here, not a clue yet.

    I changed the web.xml in the Tomcat
5.0\webapps\activemq-web-demo-4.0.2\WEB-INF directory in this way:
         <description>The URL of the Message Broker to connect

         <description>The URL of the Message Broker to connect
       </context-param>  , where 65617 is the transportConnectors settings
of the stand alone AMQ.
The web-demo sends the messages directly to the standalone AMQ.

I thought that I had made it. However,  this settings works wired. The
web-demo is likely to consume two messages a time. When web-demo sends
messages, a consumer at stand alone AMQ receives every other message and the
message between is gone. I use the web-demo to send messages to the queue,
then start consumer listening to the stand alone AMQ, the consumer just

I appreciate help greatly here, for I am going to put AMQ into use in a
week.  Thanks in advance.

Guang Nuan Liu
Sent from the ActiveMQ - User forum at

View raw message